Thursday, April 13, 2023

Song on the Radio

 

The song opens with a very 70s saxophone wail, and Al Stewart has a somewhat stilted vocal style-- it almost feels like he's reading you a song rather than singing it.

But the words are pure poetry:

    I remember the first time I saw you
    Alone in the dark with a drink
    With a candle flame burning before you
    And your thoughts closed in
    You were staring out into the distance
    Not seeming to hear what I said
    Why did you put up such resistance
    Like all the lights are red…

Full lyrics HERE

And there is a nice interview with him online HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I never knew these words. beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do sincerely feel the seemingly shy/quiet types are the most loving, deep souls.

    ReplyDelete