Monday, December 6, 2021

It Hit A Certain Spot In Me

"I had bought a very cheap sitar in a shop called India Craft in London, and it fitted on to the song ('Norwegian Wood') and it gave it that little extra thing. Even though the sound of the sitar was bad, they were still quite happy with it. At the same time as I played the sitar, very badly, on the Beatles' record, I began to hear Ravi Shankar's name. The third time, I thought, 'This is an odd coincidence.' I went out and bought some of Ravi's records, put them on, listened to them and it hit a certain spot in me that I can't explain, but it seemed familiar to me. The only way that I can describe it was my intellect didn't know what was going on and yet this other part of me identified with it. It just called on me."  ~George Harrisonm in The Beatles Off the Record by Keith Badman, (via)

No comments:

Post a Comment