Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Fake It 'til you Make It

"Why should I smile when there is no joy in me? The answer to that is: smiling is a practice. There are over three hundred muscles in your face. When you are angry or fearful, these muscles tense up. The tension in these muscles creates a feeling of hardness. If you know how to breathe in and produce a smile, however, the tension will disappear-- it is what I call 'mouth yoga.' Make smiling an exercise. Just breathe in and smile. The tension will disappear and you will feel much better."  ~Thich Nhat Hanh

3 comments:

  1. Reblogging this to my readers at sister site Timeless Wisdoms and adding it to the reference index at the Foundation for Poetic Justice

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT REALLY CAN WORK! I'VE TRIED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] https://abbiestreehouse.com/2019/09/04/fake-it-til-you-make-it/ […]

    ReplyDelete