Saturday, February 9, 2019

Changes

Adolf Hitler wasn't born evil, he became evil.

He didn't always want to be a dictator. When they left him alone, he wanted to be a painter.

Then World War I happened. He was drafted and assigned the job of litter-bearer, and spent the next several years searching among anguished and mutilated bodies for the wounded ones who might still have a chance to be saved at hospital.

Sometimes there weren't any.

That experience would change anybody. It changed him.

I wonder sometimes about my own future. Will my present or future circumstances change me into something I don't want to be? How much can I control my own destiny?

And did a young Adolph have these thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. … they unleashed a certain person that was in Hitler... if he hadn't been who he was, he certainly would have followed whoever occupied that role in history...

    ReplyDelete