Friday, August 24, 2018

And Then I'd

“Why must people kneel down to pray? If I really wanted to pray I’ll tell you what I’d do. I’d go out into a great big field all alone or in the deep, deep woods and I’d look up into the sky-- up-- up-- up-- into that lovely blue sky that looks as if there was no end to its blueness. And then I’d just feel a prayer.”  ~Lucy Maud Montgomery, in Anne of Green Gables ©1908

Anne of Green Gables is in the public domain and may be downloaded for free from Project Gutenberg, HERE.

3 comments:

  1. I totally am with her! me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite books. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A young friend of mine used to tell me how at age 15 he gave up attending church. One Sunday he uncharacteristically skipped going in order to row out onto a lake where he lay down in his boat and just enjoyed the day. Presently, it occurred to him that he felt closer to God that moment than he'd ever felt in all his years of attending church.

    I feel much the same when in nature. Even I, a nontheist, feel I am centered, at home there.

    ReplyDelete