Wednesday, January 10, 2024

The End

I used to have to walk around my house in the spring to check for wasp nests. If a Mama Wasp was trying to build a nest over one of the doors I'd knock it down and hope she'd rebuild somewhere else. Unless the nest was near a door or under a chair I'd just leave it be.

Last year there weren't any wasp nests. Not a single one.

I used to leave the porch light on overnight, and go out in the morning to see the dozens of different kinds of moths resting on the wall around the light. Some were strikingly beautiful.

I haven't seen a single moth in ages.

I can't remember the last time I had to wash the bugs off my windshield, or saw a lightning bug.

The earth is dying.

Years ago George W. Bush said that we didn't have to worry about climate change, because someone somewhere would invent something to fix it. He said he was optimistic about the future.

Dumbass.

No comments:

Post a Comment