Friday, November 10, 2023

Unwell

My father died, and I'm not doing well.

I don't know how it is for other people, but my religious faith is strongest in the good times, virtually nonexistent in the bad times.  I feel very alone and isolated. 

I feel like I'm letting down the people around me.  I sit and stare.  I'm present physically but not mentally or emotionally.  I'm overwhelmed most of the time.

I can't see myself bouncing back from this one, but I know I always have in the past.  Logically I know that time heals, and someday I'll be myself again.

Anyway.

I thought of this song this morning:

 

But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
I know right now you can't tell
But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see
A different side of me

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired
I know right now you don't care
But soon enough you're gonna think of me
And how I used to be

 Full lyrics HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment