Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Baader–Meinhof Phenomenon

 


From Wikipedia:

Frequency illusion, also known as the Baader–Meinhof phenomenon or frequency bias, is a cognitive bias in which, after noticing something for the first time, there is a tendency to notice it more often, leading someone to believe that it has a high frequency (a form of selection bias). It occurs when increased awareness of something creates the illusion that it is appearing more often. Put plainly, the frequency illusion is when "a concept or thing you just found out about suddenly seems to crop up everywhere."

I've noticed that the number "108" keeps popping up in my life.  I've wondered whether it's really more common, or if it's just one I notice.  It's likely the latter.

But reading about "frequency illusion" reminded me of this:



Full lyrics HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment