Wednesday, June 9, 2021

The Winner

The United States just passed a massive spending bill to boost the tech industry (source).

I thought the beauty of Capitalism was that the Free Market would take care of these things.  I thought that a centralized economy was a bad thing.  I must have it confused with something else.

I wonder who will reap the rewards of this investment:  the taxpayers or the stock holders?

"I believe that this legislation will enable the United States to out-innovate, out-produce, and out-compete the world in the industries of the future."  ~Chuck Schumer

"We are in a competition to win the 21st century, and the starting gun has gone off."  ~Joe Biden

Oh, let's just sit this one out. 

What I want is for everybody who's sick to be able to see a doctor, for everyone who works to be able to afford a home, for everybody who's hungry to have a sandwich.

I don't want to compete anymore.  The cost of winning is too high.

No comments:

Post a Comment