Saturday, July 20, 2019

Stuck In A Moment

[embed]https://youtu.be/_6YxhlF8HRo[/embed]

A few times a week my wife Mona texts out a "question of the day" to all her friends.  The most recent one was, "What is your superpower?"

Most people demurred or responded with a joke.  My answer was, "I can do things even when I don't want to."  I've lived with depression my whole life, so that was an important skill to master.

Mona told me, though, that I actually have a different superpower:  I can recognize when people's minds are stuck in a loop, and I can pull them out of it.

I hadn't realized that about myself, but that is something I'm pretty good at.  Sometimes a slightly different perspective is all that's needed; focus on something different, then come back refreshed.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?"  ~Cpt. Jack Sparrow

I wish I could do it for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment