Sunday, July 7, 2019

Just For Today

[embed]https://youtu.be/GckXmRkPQqw[/embed]

George's widow Olivia Harrison said that this song is her favorite of his.

Someone on YouTube pointed out that it has two separate guitar solos, which I suppose is the sort of thing that happens when the lead guitarist writes the song.  What I always enjoyed about it is that it seems like something from a 12-Step Program for people struggling with Life.

I was reminded of it recently when I read this poem by blogger Ria.

Full lyrics HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Hey thank you so much for the share🤗😘.. I'm glad you enjoyed my writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...your poem was great..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...matching the song with the poem was a masterstroke... both evoke in me a feeling of meditative bliss… a journey down a path of being and knowing...

    ReplyDelete