Thursday, September 1, 2016

Not Nostalgic



I dropped out of school when I was fifteen, and it was absolutely the best thing not only for me, but for anyone unfortunate enough to be seated near me.  I’m glad I did, and I wish I could have done it sooner.

Force a kid into a room made of cinder-blocks painted pea-green, then lock the door behind him; surround him with thirty people not of his own choosing;  sit him at in an uncomfortable hard wooden desk, and don't let him stand up even if he has to pee; now drone on endlessly about things that aren't interesting and-- be honest-- completely unimportant.

I hated school.

1 comment:

  1. ... sorry about that bud... but I remember hearing about how at the dawn of the industrial era that public education was developed to prepare workers to fill factories as they business owners need workers with some basic skills to perform tasks and be the cog in the system to make them money... all that to say that you did not really miss much...

    ReplyDelete