Thursday, June 2, 2016

Man, God, Cats



I know the Hindu hierarchy puts man at the top, but I’ve never really bought into that. I think it’s sort of a species-based narcissism, and it wouldn’t surprise me at all to find more enlightened beings than myself inhabiting animal bodies just for the fun of it or to take a break:

God: Oh, man, you were so close to achieving moksha this time when you got hit by that truck! Are you ready to incarnate and try again?


Man: I don’t know, Lord. I’m really tired. Would it be okay if I just slept in the sun the next time out, and maybe have a waiter bring me some snacks from time to time?


God: Of course! Enjoy your time as a cat!

1 comment:

  1. ...talk about an enlightened perspective..! I sort of thought that it rotates around each species... with d*ckhead lions getting reincarnated as Donald Trumps and people like me coming back as a cool, cool cat..!

    ReplyDelete