Sunday, May 8, 2016

The Station

I pointed out the nearest exit to Mona while we were at the concert last night, and the lady next to her laughed at me and said I should get up on stage and give a safety lecture.

Screw her.

I have never forgotten the tragedy of the nightclub fire at The Station, where one hundred people died and over two hundred were injured.  Most people instinctively tried to leave the way they came in, creating a huge bottleneck at the back, while there were exits at the sides that went unused.

Almost everyone could have gotten out safely if they had known where to go.

 

2 comments:

  1. ...good for you..! I ALWAYS look for the safety exits and picture who I would have to punch out of my way to reach it... in this era of mass shootings, to not do so is derelict...

    ReplyDelete